Google
 

'I did some bad films at the start of my career' - Veda

Veda is looking up and looking good as she continues on with her journey to the top of the heap.

Archana has travelled a long way from the top of the alphabet to being Veda. And she is loving it. "Old friends still call me Archana, but at work, within the fraternity, I am Veda.

I adopted the name because a director of one of my initial films pointed out that there was already somebody in the industry who shares the name I was born with, and by the time I figured out that I might actually like Archana better, people had started to recognise me as Veda, and now there is no going back," she says casually.

In Bangalore currently, shooting for a film with actors like Girish Karnad and Atul Kulkarni, Veda is upbeat, "I did some bad films at the start of my career but now things are falling into place.

I am really excited about this Kannada project, and about my upcoming Telugu film, Bank. I have also just wrapped up a Telugu song for a big banner and a big movie that I can't really talk about till the producers announce it in the press."

Clearly, she has made up for a less than satisfactory start. Especially with hits like Saamanyudu with Jagapathi Babu and Sri Ramadasu with Nagarjuna in her track record.

The daughter of a television personality and dancer, Veda says, "Mum's been the pillar all along. She's been by me, and we are jamming together too. We did a dance recital in Kalahasti last week and have a big ballet lined up for mid-April in Hyderabad."
With all that's going on, Veda is clear about one thing, "It's important to be really successful in Tollywood. My roots are here, and Hyderabad is my city."

Source: Hyderabad Times

No comments:

Disclaimer: www.telugufilm.blogspot.com does not host any files on its own servers. www.telugufilm.blogspot.com only points to various links on the internet that already exist.